There is a significant number of moving companies that are fake, or that are too costly for their worth. And this is exactly why you need to be as careful as possible when hiring a moving company. Of course, not all moving companies are scams. Most of them are valid and honest companies, with workers that are just doing their jobs. So, what are the questions you need to ask your movers before signing a contract? Without further ado, let’s find out!
So, what are the questions you need to ask your movers before signing a contract?
Well, moving on your own is not efficient at all. Moving requires a lot of preparation and time, and it is not an easy job to do. So, you have decided that you need to move? This is a small step for mankind, but it’s a giant one for you. But before you move, you need to hire a moving company.
And finding a reliable and professional moving company is not easy. Here are the questions to help you discover the real deal.
- Show me the recommendations and give me the references. You’ll want to see their references and recommendations to see if they are a valid moving company.
- Can you provide me an estimate? You need to know just how much you will going to pay for moving services.
- Do you have a crew, or do you employ workers during the peak season? This is important, since it is better to have experienced movers carry your stuff.
- What are your extra services, and how much do they cost? Having some extra services is beneficial, but they can be expensive.
- Do you have some discounts and promotions? It is always nice to save some money on your relocation endeavor.
- How long will the move take? You know, time is money.
- Do you have all the necessary documentation? This is one of the most crucial questions. Your movers need to have the necessary documentation.
- How do you handle special items? You need to know just how safe will your special items be.
- What happens if something is broken or missing? Do they have insurance, and how can they repay you.
Don’t give up, having a helping hand is beneficial
If you cross paths with a shady moving company, you may conclude that all moving companies are like that. And after that, you may decide to move on your own. Don’t do that, most moving companies are valid and responsible, and fair to their customers.
Why do you need a moving company?
You need to find movers first (pro-tip, you can find movers online). Also, moving with the help of the right moving company is more cost-effective than moving on your own. And why is that, you may ask?
Well, first of all, while you are carrying something heavy, you can easily hurt yourself. And sustaining an injury is bad on its own. But, the medical costs can easily be higher than the costs of hiring a reliable and professional moving company.
Second, while you are trying to relocate, you can easily damage something you own. That can be a wall, or that can be something much more expensive then the wall. And the costs of the wall mirror, for example, can easily be higher than the costs of hiring a reliable and professional moving company. So, ask your movers about insurance first thing.