So, are you planning to trade in NYC’s dismal winters for year-round warm temperatures? Well, LA may be the perfect place for you. Everything people love about NYC, the opportunities, the culture, and the arts you can find in LA. Plus, the city has a breathtaking coastline, the most beautiful sunsets in the world, warm weather, and wide-open spaces. So, no wonder why so many people decide to perform a long-distance move and leave NYC for LA. And, if you’re planning to do the same, here are some pro packing tips for NYC to LA move to try.
When learning how to prepare for a cross-country relocation to the West Coast it’s important to know how to pack properly. Packing is the most daunting and despised part of relocation. It’s stressful, time-consuming, and tedious. However, the following pro packing tips for NYC to LA move will help you. So, make sure you follow them.
Find movers that will suit your needs when moving from NYC to LA
It’s important to know that moving from NYC to LA is a long-distance interstate relocation. So, it takes much more time and costs more. Moving interstate is a difficult, complex, and stressful job but transport is not a problem if you find the professionals to help you. NYC offers a great variety of movers, but not all of them suit your needs. So, do thoughtful research and find a company with experience in interstate moving. Look at their reviews and the price. But, also don’t forget that cheap prices sometimes come with poor service quality. So, research carefully and thoroughly.
Pro packing tips for NYC to LA move – Make a packing schedule
Coming into your new home in LA and opening the moving boxes only to find broken or missing belongings can make moving a nightmare. These, and other the most common packing mistakes to avoid can all be prevented by creating a detailed packing plan. The packing plan allows you to organize and pack your belongings safely. Also, creating a packing plan will make the arduous packing task less overwhelming. So, start devising a packing plan with lots of time to spare. Ideally, from six to eight weeks before the moving day. Your packing plan needs to include to-do tasks that cover every week leading up to the relocation.
Declutter your belongings
Movers charge based on the volume of your belongings and the distance you’re traveling. So, it’s not wise and budget-friendly to pack all your items and move them from NYC to LA. Relocating is your ideal chance to start fresh, without any burden of the past times. So, one of the best pro packing tips for NYC to LA move is decluttering. Go through your belongings and divide them into a few different categories:
- Give away, donate, sell. Consider donating or giving away every item you no longer use or need. Also, you can sell some of your items to lower the moving cost and add up to your moving budget.
- Throw away and recycle. All those furniture or clothes you never got to fix should be in the throw-away and recycle pile.
- Pack pile. Here you’ll put all the items you plan to move to LA. But, make sure you create an inventory list of those belongings.
Pro packing tips for NYC to LA move – Gather packing supplies
While moving interstate, your belongings are at high risk of damage. They will be traveling miles from NYC to LA. So, to ensure your items arrive at the new location without a scratch, you must use high-quality, professional packing supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- High-quality, sturdy moving boxes. Buy them in various sizes in a moving supplies retailer. Keep in mind that free boxes don’t have the same strength and integrity as new ones. You can use them only for non-fragile items.
- Packing paper. You will use packing paper to wrap your belongings and protect them from any damage.
- Bubble cover. This is another protective packing material. Air pockets in bubble cover will keep your fragile items wrapped in cushioning. So, they will be safe.
- Packing tape. You need this supplier to secure moving boxes and prevent collapse or lost items.
- Markers you’ll use to label moving boxes.
If you can, make sure you use these professional supplies for packing. But, in case you’re not sure you can do it the right way, go on tiktokmoving.com and opt for their professional packing service. They will ensure your belongings are packed the right way. So, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your items are safe, sound, and in good hands.
How to pack like a pro for NYC to LA move?
Packing can very quickly become a chaotic job. Putting everything you own in a moving box is no simple task. It takes time, and you must continue living in your home while it transforms into a sea of moving boxes. So, how will you know what you’ve packed and what you haven’t? What if you need something you already packed and in who knows what box? Well, here are some pro packing tips for NYC to LA move that will help you stay organized.
- First pack items that are least important. Start the packing process with the things like out-of-season clothing, books, and other rarely used items. Leave belongings that are most important to your daily routine for last. Also, pack moving day survival kit the last.
- Label everything. Remember to clearly label each moving box with the room and a short description of contents. This will help you stay organized during the packing process, and make unpacking much easier.
- Consider color-coding your moving boxes. You can assign every room color, and buy tape, stickers, or markers in that shades. Then, label every box with the color of the room it belongs in. This way, when your shipment arrives at your new home in LA, your movers will know in which rooms to bring the boxes.
- Pack one room at a time. Limit confusion and focus on packing one room at a time.
- Make an inventory list. Create a list of every item you have to pack and check off them while you wrap and box it up. This will allow you to keep track of what’s packed and what’s left to tackle.