Even though the government and the officials warn people not to move during the COVID-19 pandemic, sometimes it’s inevitable. And now, you might be wondering if your move is even possible during these times. You must know how moving companies in the USA are responding to the coronavirus. So, here is some information about this topic.
Are moving companies even work?
Do not worry, the answer is yes. So, you can start learning how to prepare for the move. Governments consider movers an essential service because of the delicate services they provide. So, there are no interruptions in this business. Companies are working, but they must follow recommendations from the CDC and WHO. Their goal is to protect the health of the employees and customers. Therefore, there are some things that movers do as a response to COVID-19.
How moving companies in the USA are responding to the coronavirus?
We all know that social distancing is one of the most effective measures of stopping the coronavirus. So, that significantly changes the way movers work. Of course, some parts of the relocation can’t do remotely like packing, loading. But, companies are trying to keep the level of social interactions at a minimum. Here’ how moving companies in the USA are responding to the coronavirus and measurements they take:
- Providing virtual estimates
- Communicating with the phone or e-mail – Movers still need to know some things about your relocation. So, provide them the necessary information over the phone or video call. This way, you’ll reduce the social interaction but still get all the services your move requires.
- Encouraging employees with symptoms to stay at home.
So, if you’re planning to move into one of the best neighborhoods in Memphis, TN, for example, make sure you find reliable movers that take these measurements.
Keep yourself safe when moving with these tips
Movers are responding to coronavirus seriously, so you should too. There is guidance for consumers moving during the coronavirus outbreak. But, here are some basic tips to help you move around safely.
- Sanitize your stuff. You must keep your things sealed and inboxes. Wash and sanitize everything before bringing it into your home.
- Wash hands often. During the moving process, make sure you wash your hands frequently. Also, be sure that you don’t touch your face or mouth. You won’t always be near soap and water, so watch your actions.
- Wear gloves and a face mask. This is a great way to prevent the spread of germs. When moving, you’ll touch many different things and interact with movers. So, protect yourself.
Find out if your moving company was sick
When moving during the coronavirus pandemic: here’s what you need to know. Ask movers if they have been sick recently. Coronavirus is a highly contagious disease. Also, there is an incubation period. So, informing you about the health of your movers is crucial.
How moving companies in the USA are responding to the coronavirus – Postpone your move if you feel unwell
Even though moving companies respond to coronavirus in their way, you can help them by postponing your move. Because it’s important to be safe. And most moving companies understand and agree with you on justice.