If you are moving to another country, it may be exhausting, stressful, hard, emotional, exciting, fun – everything at the same time. Plus if you are moving with your kids, the entire process is more complicated. To organize a family move from California to Canada, you need to prepare.
Why are families moving to Canada?
It will be a big change in life because life in America and life in Canada are different. A lifestyle, costs of living, weather, education, healthcare system, it is all different in Canada. Talk to your family and in advance get your things done. What are the pros of living in Canada and the reasons to move there for good?
Explore this amazing country – that would be the first step in this process. Here are some of the common reasons why people are moving to Canada more and more:
- High quality of life
- The economy is growing fast
- A lot of job opportunities
- Nice weather, with all four seasons
- Amazing nature
- The best healthcare system
- Tolerant to immigrants
- People are friendly
- Low crime rates
- The education system is highly rated
- Clean air and water
On the other hand, why many people with kids are moving out of California?
- High costs of living
- State taxes are rising
- Political problems
- Housing crises
Best cities in Canada for families
One of the first steps to take when moving to a new place, in this case to another country, choosing the right location is a big deal. Especially if you are going to buy a home for your family – that means you will live there for a longer period of time. Family move from California to Canada needs to be planned in advance. Sometimes people are planning this relocation for months or even a year.
Canada is a big country and it has a lot of cities and smaller towns to offer. Choose a place where you can raise your kids and where they can grow and play safely. Luckily for you, most of Canada’s cities are great for kids, therefore, you don’t have a problem with choosing the right place. A lot of things are being considered when choosing a place where to move to. Some of the places that young families love are:
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Calgary, Alberta
- Saint John, New Brunswick
- Guelph, Ontario
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Toronto, Ontario
- Brandon, Manitoga
All of these cities have highly rated public schools, great transportation systems, a low crime rate, and many housing options. It is recommended to visit a city where you want to live and to spend time there before making the final decision.
If you need help with moving in and help with local relocation in Canada, you will probably need help from a local moving company. They know this area and have a lot of experience in this business. That is why you should get experts to assist you with moving to Canada’s cities.
Organize a family move from California to Canada
What things to consider when moving to Canada with family? Of course, the process cannot be done without the required documentation. After getting residency documents and all the paperwork, there are some steps to take. Most people deal with stress when moving with family because it is a big change for all of them. But, if you are properly prepared for a family move from California to Canada.
Here are some issues to keep in mind when moving from one country to another, in this case, when moving from the USA to Canada.
- Budget for moving and starting a new life – set a budget for moving, utilities, documentation, food, clothes, education, and all additional expenses that comes with relocation and settling down.
- Housing – keep a roof over your head and find a family home fast. The housing costs will depend on the place in Canada where you want to live. Some of the places are affordable while others can be expensive.
- Choosing a neighborhood – it si not enough just to choose a city. Cities are big and they have different neighborhoods. Walkthrough the city and see which area is the best for schools and your job.
- Daycare for young kids – if you have small kids, you need to have someone to babysit them while you are at work. You can use public or private daycare options in Canada.
- Insurance – get insurance for your family.
- Schooling – choose where your kids will go to school. Canada has amazing schools but chooses one that you think is the best for their future.
- Psychological preparation – moving to another country is a big shock. Be mentally prepared and talk to your family about relocation and what to expect after moving to Canada from California.
Renting a storage unit in Canada
Many people are looking for a house after moving to Canada from California. It is easier for them to do it after the relocation process. But, there is another problem with this plan. What to do with all the household items you moved to Canada. One of the safest and easiest solutions is renting a storage unit. You can stay in a hotel or B&B, but you cannot carry all items with you. Find a storage unit on number1movers.ca and keep all your items there, until you find a house for your family.
Hiring a long-distance moving company
When leaving the West Coast for Canada one of the concerns is how to transport belongings long-distance. Explore moving companies that have experience with moving from one country to another. They will handle your family move from California to Canada with ease and you can spend more time with your kids and take care of them. It is important to be there for your kids, especially if they are young. Get recommendations, search online, read online moving reviews, contact a few companies, get moving estimates, and be sure you are hiring a reliable and reputable moving company.